Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Trying a new style with Butterfly Basics

Yesterday, I focused on the thinlet.  Today, I focus on the stamp set.  I am normally not a vintage style stamper.  I actually am intimidated that it will look too jumbled or just weird.  Something about the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set (Wood #138813, Clear #138816, Photopolymer #137154) told me to just try it for once.  So glad I did!


This stamp set makes it so easy.  First, I went to my cardstock cabinet and picked out a few colors that I thought would go with the images.  I wanted to pick soft colors that felt like spring.  I stamped the mesh image across the bottom in So Saffron.  Then I stamped the leaves twice in Pear Pizzazz, without reinking in between.  I also stamped the leaves in Wild Wasabi.  The butterfly is stamped in Blushing Bride and cut with the coordinating Butterfly Thinlets (#137360).  For the sentiment I used Soft Suede.  The Subtle Button (#130030 and Gold Metallic Bakers Twine (#132975) finish off the card.  If you like this style, be sure to check back tomorrow for another card using this stamp set.

PRODUCTS USED:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



My Demonstrator Website

No comments :