Thursday, June 11, 2015

Butterfly Basics cont.

Sorry for the late posting today.  We had internet problems.  1.5 hours on hold and it is back up and running.  On with the card sharing.....

Today I have another vintage style card with the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set (#137154).  I used the same general color scheme as yesterday.  The mess was stamped in So Saffron.  I wanted to help the tag stand out a little and not blend into the card front area.  The smaller butterflies are done in Blushing Bride to match the card base.  The leaves are a bit harder to see in this photo.  They are under the butterflies and were stamped multiple times in Pear Pizzazz without reinking.  The lines on the left are Wild Wasabi and the sentiment and postmarked symbol are done with Soft Suede.

THE BUTTERFLY:  I cut it out of Vellum using the coordinating Butterfly Thinlet (#137360), then I stamped it with the mesh image in So Saffron and Blushing Bride.

RIBBON TIP:  I like to adhere my ribbon with snail adhesive to the back of the cardstock.  I put snail on the cardstock and press the ribbon/trim down.  I cut my ribbon 2" longer than the card length.  Then I cut another 2-3" piece to tie onto the first giving an impression of a tied ribbon.  I find it saves ribbon and makes it easier to get the ribbon tight and straight.  I can also more easily place the knot where would like.

PRODUCTS USED:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



My Demonstrator Website

No comments :