Friday, July 13, 2007

What fun!

This week has gone fast. New rubber makes life so enjoyable the time has flown since the Big Brown Truck visited my house. It has been nice to have things before many others for a change. I normally look at what others have done and then place my orders, but this has been good for me. People are leaving me comments on SCS that I am influencing what they buy. It feels good. So here is some more of my work today.

Images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007

Both cards today are from the same stamp set, "Jolliest Time of the Year". It comes with three images (tree, snowman, and santa) and a verse saying. The designer paper shown here is "Dashing". That is the name of it, though I do think it is dashing in the other sense of the word. It contains the colors Old Olive, Real Red, River Rock and Very Vanilla. All of SU! Designer paper is double sided. I took a strip of this pattern from the collection and layered it on Old Olive Cardstock. I wrapped a price of the NEW Double stiched ribbon around the edge. This is the River Rock. It also comes in the other In Colors.
The tree image was stamped in Basic Black ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I colored it in with Old Olive, Real Red and Summer Sun markers. It is layers on a piece of Real Red cardstock and then attached with dimentionals.
TIP: I have found that when mounting an image over top of ribbon, it is best to mounting it on dimentionals. It keep the image from bending to adhere to the card and gives it a little POP!
The sentiment "Merry Christmas" is from the "All Holidays" stamp set. It is stamped with basic black ink.

The second card is one I am making for a MEGA Swap. I have to make 112 of these. You can be certain you can make one quickly if I am going to make so many of them in a few days. (When making tons of cards the same, it helps to work factory style. Cut all the cardstock pieces first. Stamp all the images. Color all the images. Punch any holes you need and cut any ribbon necessary. Lay out all the pieces and assemble.)
The main background of the card is Real Red. The small white snowflakes are from the "Snow Flurries" stamp set. They are stamped here in White craft ink to help them show up on the cardstock. The sentiment is from "Holidays & Wishes". It is stamped in basic black ink. I encourage you on your next card to put the sentiment sideways.
The snowman image, from "Jolliest Time of the Year" is also stamped in basic black ink onto Whisper White cardstock. I then colored in parts of it with Real Red, Glorious Green, Close to Cocoa and Basic Black markers. He is layered onto a piece of Glorious Green cardstock. The edge has been punched with the spiral punch. The Brilliant Blue snowflake in the corner is from the hostess set "In The Spotlight". It is a level 2 stamp set and can be earned by holding a $300 workshop. There are several flowers and burst looking images in the set along with several words to use as flower or burst centers. This particular one fits the New Snow Blossom Punch as used here. The snow blossom is adhered to the card with a brad. I used gold here, but plan to replace it with a silver one (when my next order comes). I also accented one of the white snowflakes with a brad.

I hope you enjoyed these two Christmas cards. May they cool off your hot summer days.

No comments :