Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July

I don't have any 4th of July items right now. Maybe I will try and make one later to celebrate the day. So, how about a change of pace today and we'll have a scrapbook page.

Images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007

This page is 8 1/2" X 11", but the border strips could easily be put onto a 12 X 12 page to allow for more pictures. The stamp set I used was carried over from last year into the new catalog. It has two coordinating wheels with it, also pictured here. One wheel has the "Daisy" flowers and grass blades at the bottom and the other is the "Lily Pads" with flowers at the top. Both were rolled out with basic black ink onto Certainly Celery cardstock.
I then stamped several images from the stamp set "Unfrogettable" onto whisper white cardstock and colored them in with various Earth Element Markers. I then cut the images out and attached them with snail adhesive.

For the top border I rolled the wheel onto whisper white to color in and cut out the flowers. The larger letters are made with the "Headline Alphabet" and the smaller letters are "Rough Edges Alphabet" Again they are stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and then cut out to adhear to the page with snail adhesive. The main page background color is Summer Sun from the Earth Elements color family.

I didn't add any other ribbon or embelishments as I felt there was already a lot going on here. A little piece of hardware would look nice on the egde of the journaling block. There is also a dragonfly image in the stamp set and several sayings.

I hope everyone has a "Hoppin" 4th of July.

Happy Stampin'

No comments :