Monday, July 16, 2007

New Ribbons!!

Who doesn't like new ribbon? I LOVE new ribbons. SU! got several new types of ribbon in the new catalog. They still have the 1/4" grosgrain in the most popular colors, but have now added a 5/8" grosgrain in several colors. They did get rid of the organdy ribbon, but have a wonderful new taffata ribbon. Last year they had a single stitched ribbon to match 3 of the In Colors. This year they have a double stitched ribbon to match ALL 6 In Colors. The New Ribbon Originals are wonderful and got with several types of themes.
Here are two cards using the new ribbons. The first also features the new Pretties Kit flowers.
Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007
I am really loving this stamp set. "Priceless" has so many uses. It goes wonderfully with the new Pretties Kit also.
I started with the flowers. There are actually two. The first one is the small one in the center. It came on a small stick with the bead at the end for the center of the flower. Using my aqua painter and the ink from the lid of my classic pad I dyed the flower Soft Sky. The second flower is the second largest flower in the kit. I started by dying the outer edges Groovy Guava. I then dyed the center and some of the vein areas Purely Pomegranate. I place the little flower stick through the center of the larger flower and then through a small 1/16" hole I punched in the card to adhere it on the back.
The main card base is Groovy Guava in the standard 1/4 sheet size. The Soft Sky is cut 1/4" smaller in both directions and centered on the Guava. I stamped the small swirls on the corners of the card is Soft Sky onto the Soft Sky cardstock. This gives a nice subtle watermark look. The large swirls on the Whisper White cardstock is stamped in Groovy Guava. The butterfly is in Purely Pomegranate. Before stamping it, I colored the outline and body of the butterfly in basic black marker. I cut it out and attached it with dimentionals. "So Kind" is stamped in Basic Black. The ribbon is the new double stitched ribbon in Purely Pomegranate.


This card has the new Taffata Ribbon in Chocolate Chip. The "Happy Father's Day" is also stamped in Chocolate Chip onto Blue Bayou cardstock. The pattern paper is from the Designer Series Brocade Backgrounds. To help soften the edge from the pattern to the main card, I put a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock behind the pattern to stick out about 1/8".
The image if from "Baroque Motifs". It is in two parts. The large part is stamped in River Rock. The smaller piece is stamped in Blue Bayou and cut out. I layered them together and held them in place with a vintage brad. They are layered on a square of Chocolate Chip adhered to the card with dimentionals.
This card layout is simple and quick. The colors can easily be changed to match any theme you need.

No comments :