Saturday, July 7, 2007

Pick-a-Petal Butterfly

I mentioned yesterday that you can make more than flowers with the "Pick-a-Petal" Stamp Set. Here is another example of that.


Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007

I used the doodle line petal to make the wings. I simply stamped in basic black ink on Pale Plum and Pretty in Pink cardstock. I cut them with my paper snips. Wa-La WINGS! The body of the butterfly was punched from River Rock cardstock using the word window punch. The head is also river rock. I advise using the 1/2" hole punch, though I did cut mine by hand. The face and antenea are drawn on with the black journaling pen.
The butterfly in attached to the half circle cut from Whisper White cardstock using the circle Coluzzle System. It is then layered onto Soft Sky cardstock. The sentiment "sweet little one" is from the "Holidays & Wishes" Stamp Set.
This simple card is perfect for a little girls birthday or a baby shower card. The butterfly could easily be used as an embelishment on a coordinating scrapbook page.
Happy Stampin' Everyone!

No comments :