Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Red, White & Blue



I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. Here are two cards that I was inspired to make yesterday.




Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007


For the first card I wanted some fireworks and to represent the flag. The fireworks are actually snowflakes from the "Snow Flurries" stamp set. They are stamped in white craft ink on Brilliant Blue cardstock.

I don't have a number set yet, so the 4 is hand drawn. The "th" is stamped in Brilliant Blue using the "Rough Edges Alphabet" The "Happy" is from "Polka Dots & Paisley" stamp set. It is also stamped in white craft ink onto a piece of chipboard that was covered in Real Red ink and edged in basic black.

The stripes at the bottom of the card is made with Real Red Grosgrain ribbon. They add a nice textured effect to the card without having to be a bow.

Images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007


For the second card I wanted to stick with the Red, White and Blue theme. I used a level 2 hostess stamp set "Garden Silhouettes". I colored the stamp with my markers to get the multiple colors. I then "huffed" on the image and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock. The "Welcome" from the "Warm Words" stamp set is stamped in white craft ink and them embossed with Winter White Embossing Powder. I tied a piece of white grosgrain ribbon around the Real Red cardstock scrap piece to create a little dimention to the card.
This card could be used to welcome someone to the armed services or group you belong to. My favorite use would be to "WELCOME HOME" a troop from overseas. Stamp "HOME" in large letters on the inside of the card.




No comments :