Monday, July 9, 2007

Cards without works

Sometimes all we need is a simple card to write a quick message to the teacher or neighbor. It is not necessary to have words on the outside or stamped on the inside. Here is a simple card for just that very purpose.

Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007

I used a level 2 hostess stamp set. Demos were allowed to purchase one last month, but you can earn it by hosting a $300 workshop. "Garden Silhouettes" has several flower stamps and two small words. You can color all the different parts with markers, but I chose to just use the silhouette look. I stamped the image in Rose Red on Whisper White cardstock. I like the scallopped look that is popular today, but I wanted my scallops to be different colors. I punched Rose Red and Brocade Blue cardstock with the 3/4" circle punch. I lined them up on Regal Rose cardstock to simulate a scallopped edge. The left side corners are punched with the ticket corner punch. The white grosgrain ribbon is thread through holes made by the slot punch and tied in the front. The background cardstock is also Brocade Blue.
Try making some simple note style cards without word today.
Happy stampin'

No comments :