Monday, May 11, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week- Day 5

To finish off Teacher Appreciation Week, I made something from Pinterest.  "Gasp!"  I know, so cliche, but the teachers really did like it.  I made my version of the pencil wreath with a large wooden letter for the teacher's last name.  I am not going to give steps on how to make the wreath.  I will say I used hot glue gun and 4 layers of paint on the letter.

Since this is my stamping blog, I will share some details about the tag.  I spent hours making the wreaths that I only had 20 minutes to whip up the tags, but that was all I needed.  We don't have to spend hours on the gift wrapping to give any gift that special touch.

I took a 2" x 5-1/2" strip of Real Red Cardstock and punched the end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (#133324).  I used a piece of  Whisper White that was 1-3/4" x 4-1/4".  The saying is from the (soon to be retired) Really Good Greetings Stamp Set (Wood #130330, Clear #130333).  I inked the stamp with a Basic Black and Real Red Marker.  The Crushed Curry Washi Tape is from the Color My Autumn Designer Washi Tape(#135842) on the CLEARANCE RACK!  A few simple Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246) and a piece of Crushed Curry 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (#134555) and the tag was ready to go.

PRODUCTS USED: For Tag
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




I brought in donuts for the entire staff on Friday morning.  I made this quick sign to let them know their hard work is noticed by others.  I used the Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set (#136835) and stamped the various images in Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink.  The words "Happy Teacher Appreciation Week" were printed from my computer onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock that I trimmed down and put onto a piece of Old Olive Cardstock.  I used the Bow Builder Punch (#137414) and a piece of Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper (#133693) to make the bows for the corners.

TIP:  My printer will only take one sheet of SU! cardstock at a time.  I have to take all other paper out of the paper tray.  My old printer liked to have one sheet of typing paper under the cardstock.  You may have to experiment with your printer to see what works best for you.  

PRODUCTS USED: For Sign
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



My Demonstrator Website

No comments :