Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Build a Birthday Sneak Peek

We are officially one week away from the premier of the 2015-2016 Stampin' Up! Catalog.  I can't wait for you to see all of the wonderful things it contains.  As a demonstrator, I was able to pre-order several stamp sets.  The Build a Birthday Stamp Set (#138646) jumped straight at me.  It is a two-step stamping set with images to build pictures.  The most common thing to build is a cake.

I got the color combination for my card from the new Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack (#138443).  The Cherry on Top DSP Stack contains several of the new 2015-1017 In Colors.  I used Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush and Bermuda Bay on the Tip Top Taupe pedastal. There are 3 paper stacks this year, sized at 6 x 6.  This makes them perfect to cut down for card fronts or smaller projects.  Don't worry Stampin' Up! still has 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper.  In fact they have 9 NEW packs in the catalog starting June 2nd.

Stamping each of the cake layers from the stamp set onto the pedestal stamp image is easy with the Photopolymer stamps.  There are several images you can put on top of the cake.  I chose the 3 flags image.  The little flowers are from the Tree Builder Punch (#138295).  I added Rhinestone Jewels (#119246) to give it a little sparkle.

TIP:  Do NOT over saturate your stamp pads when reinking them.  It may cause the ink to puddle on your stamps and fill in little details when you stamp.  (See bottom cake layer above)

PRODUCTS USED:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

  

My Demonstrator Website