Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week- Day 2

Like I said yesterday, it is Teacher Appreciation WEEK!  For Day 2, I made my children's teachers a gift for them and not their classroom.  Every teachers needs a few minutes each day to unwind.  I gave them some tea and cookies to relax with at the end of their hard day.

The box is actually easy to make, even though there are a few parts to it.  All of mine were made with Daffodil Delight Cardstock (#119683).
1) The base box.  I used a piece of 7x8 cardstock and scored on all three sides at 2-1/2".  I then cut up the flaps and adhered the sides with sticky strip (#104294).
2) (Hard to see in photo) There is a center handle inside the box.  I took a piece of cardstock 3 x 11 and scored at 3/4", 5-1/2" and 10-1/4"  I folded it in half and did use some sticky strip so it wouldn't pucker.  Then I adhered it to the inside bottom of the base box with sticky strip.  I then punch a slot near the top with the Word Window Punch (#119857)
3) One one side a made little compartments for the biscotti to stand in.  The cardstock is 2x4 and scored at 1-1/2" and 2-1/2".  A little bit of sticky on each end and it will make a divider in the center on the side.
4) For the other side a wanted to make it a little stronger to help balance the box when held by the handle.  The cardstock insert is 2x9 scored at 1", 2", 5", and 6".  I didn't use any adhesive.  It is just slid in to add strength.

The decorative band is from the Park Lane Designer Series Paper Collection (#133694).  It is 12x3 and scored the long way at 1/2" so the other side shows on the top band.

For the tag I stamped the image from the RETIRING stamp set Chalk Talk (Wood #130631, Clear #130634) in Calypso Coral and Blackberry Bliss.  I cut out the word "SOMETHING" with paper snips and adhered it to the tag with Dimensionals (#104430).  The tag is cut out with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelits (#129983).  I added a 1/2"x11" strip of Blackberry Bliss Cardstock to the bottom of the box and tied a piece of 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (#133668) to the top of the box.  A few Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247) were used to dress up the tag.  

PRODUCTS USED:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


My Demonstrator Website

No comments :