Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tree Trimmings

One of the coolest things about Demonstrator Convention is the FREE STAMPS! This year one of the free sets given to everyone attending convention was "Tree Trimmings". When I first say the set in the catalog I thought it was cute and put it on my wish list. Now mind you, my wish list is incredibly long. Each time I place an order I look over my list and try to get the things that I like the most and need for upcoming events or holidays. "Tree Trimmings" was on there, but I am not sure it would have made it too the top of the charts and been selected for an order. I am glad that we got this one at convention. I might have missed out on a wonderful stamp set. It is so cute with so many possibilities.

I like to go through the SCS Sketch challenges every now and again for some new layout ideas. SC239 was just a couple of weeks ago. Too cute. It lent itself perfectly to this stamp set. I added the sentiment to the card by layering a number of great punches. The middle ornament is placed on dimensionals to give it some depth. I also embossed the two real red panels with my Big Shot and the Perfect Details Texturz Plate. For more great cards made with the same layout click here SC239. For more cards made with this stamp set click here "Tree Trimmings".

To order any of the products used to make this card, go to my Stampin' Up! website and click on "shop now" in the upper right corner.
Stamps: Tree Trimmings, All Holidays
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories: Dimensionals, Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Big Shot, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Large Oval Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Designer Label Punch, Paper Snips

No comments :