Monday, August 24, 2009

Hubby's Birthday Card

My wonderful husband had his birthday today. I, like many people, have problems making masculine cards. I was looking through my stamp sets for some inspiration and came across "Game Night". Since we recently got back from Vegas for a short getaway, I thought I might be able to do something with this set. I also happen to have Jackpot, the Designer Series Paper that coordinates with the set.
In the DSP there is a sheet of words. Most of them are game titles, pieces, or poker hand names. A few of them stood out to me. I cut out three of the words and layered them on Real Red and Basic Grey to coordinate with the DSP. To make everything fit I put it all on a 6x6 card. I punched out a few of the suit symbols from another sheet in the DSP collection and put them inside some Build-A-Brads. On the inside I stamped a simple "Happy Birthday to You" from the dormant list and wrote a cute little message. "No matter what game we are playing or what hand we are dealt, you are a winning piece to us."
All products used are Stampin' Up! and can be purchased by clicking on "shop now" on my Stampin' Up! Website.
Stamps: Game Night, Birthday Wish
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, Real Red, Jackpot DSP
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Build-A-Brad, 1-3/8" Circle Punch




No comments :