Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another Sketch Challenge Christmas

I really do like the Sketch Challenges on SCS. It is also amazing to see how different everyones cards can be even though they are following the same layout design. For todays Christmas card I selected Sketch #237 and Stamp set "Christmas Classics".

The band across the center of the sketch just screamed out "WIDE RIBBON" to me. I didn't have the extra wide ribbon I would like to have tried on this card, but I did have some nice Stitched Chocolate Chip Ribbon that works nicely. I layered a piece of 5/8"Real Red Grosgrain over top of it and wrapped it all the way around the front of the card. I colored the tree, trunk, and star with my markers and stamped them on Whisper White. After the ink dried I colored in the remainder of the tree with a lighter green marker (Mellow Moss). I added the sentiment to the bottom with the new Modern Label Punch. I wish you could see the corner of the layered image better. The Chocolate Chip and Summer Sun are squared off like usual, but the Garden Green on the bottom used the Ticket Corner. It makes for a cool effect on multiple layers.

All products can be ordered online at my Stampin' Up! Website. Click "shop now" in the upper right corner.


Stamps: Christmas Classics (111566)
Ink (markers): Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun
Cardstock: Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Modern Label Punch (116630), TicketCorner Punch (107214), Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip 1" Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (111849), 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon (109052)

No comments :