Friday, August 28, 2015

Stampin' Addicts 2015 Holiday Catalog Fall Blog Hop

Hello hoppers!  Most of you just came from Tanya's Blog.  Wasn't that a cute stamp set?  So much fun and so many uses.  If you came here directly, don't worry, just follow the links on the hop and it will loop you all the way around back to here.  We love to hear from you about our hops and projects.  You can leave a comment on any of the stops or leave a comment on the discussion thread at Stampin' Addicts.

I am featuring the Sweet Hauntings Stamp Set (#139705) from page 47 of the 2015 Holiday Catalog.  I have had so much fun showing this stamp set on my blog last week and have 3 more projects just for this hop.  There are so many uses for this stamp set.  There are 3 images that fit the Note Tag Punch (#135860), 4 different potion bottles, and 2 sayings that tie everything together.  My family LOVES Halloween.  We enjoy having our friends (of ALL ages) over for a night of spooky food and fun.


First I have a great party invitation for you.  I stamped all of the potion bottles on the front of my card, then colored them in with various Stampin' Write Markers.  TIP:  I used my grid paper to line up all the stamps, then put them on one block so they will be straight when I stamp them.  Under the bottles is a piece of the bat print washi tape from the Happy Haunting Designer Washi Tape (#139608).  I stamped one of the sayings from the stamp set in Cucumber Crush on the bottom.  A few quick tid bits to decorate the upper corner, my party information on the inside and I am ready to invite my guests.

I love to have cute little treats for my kids to take to school.  This is the medium size treat bag from the Gift Bag Punch Board (#135862).  NOTE: The size of the bag refers to the size of the bottom of the bag.  You can make the bag as tall or as short as you like to fit your treats.  Again I stamped several of the bottles at once on the bag, then put another print from the Washi Tape around the bag.  I made a simple topper for the bag.  I folded a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock in half and attached a Spider Web Doily (#139622) with a glue stick.  I wrapped the extra edges of the doily around the cardstock.  This is the other sentiment from the stamp set, stamped in Rich Razzleberry to match the bag.  The back of the topper is attached to the bag and I used a small bit of velcro to hold the front closed.  


For my party guests I have a treat basket.  I used my markers to color certain parts of the Note Tag shaped stamps.  They make cute tombstone images.  The center one was stamped again on cardstock and cut out to raise it up on dimensionals.  The basket was made with the Berry Basket Die (#137366) from the Annual Catalog.  I tied a piece of Rich Razzleberry Cotton Ribbon (#134564) around the top of the basket.  You can see a piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock peaking through the slits near the bottom.  I took a 5-1/2" square piece of cardstock, scored it on all four sides at 1-1/4", folded on the score lines, made a few quick slits to shape it into an open box.  I punched a circle in the center of the insert to hold a cupcake.  
I know a picture would be great, but there was an "accident" with the cupcake.  You could of course fill the basket with a bag filled with candy or other treats.  

I hope you enjoyed my projects with the Sweet Haunting Stamp Set.  If you did, please leave me a message below before going to the next stop on the hop.  The next stop is Carmen with some Hall-O-Ween Treats.

     



My Demonstrator Website

7 comments :

Yapha said...

Super cute projects, Kathleen! I love that treat bag. All of your colors are so fun!

Tanya Boser said...

So much Halloween sweetness! Looks like you are all ready to go :) Great tip about using the grid paper to line up your stamps before you stamp them!

Twila said...

A great group of Projects! I love the treat box using the spider web on top! Good job!

Paula said...

Such fun, SPOOKY, projects, Kathleen. Love your halloween take on the berry basket.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love the use of washi tape to anchor the bottles. They are awesome in color and black! I love the berry basket!

Mickey Roberts said...

How fun! Love the treat bag and the treat basket!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Such adorable designs, Kathleen! The bottles are so rich and lovely and all the details are fabulous!!