Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Simple Summer Mini Cards

I have two more summer mini cards to show you and then I promise to show some new catalog things tomorrow.
For the first card, I used the "Tropical Party" stamp set and the "Island Oasis" Designer Series Paper again. I stamped each of the images onto Whisper White cardstock and cut them out with my paper snips. I mounted them on a square of whisper white punched with the ticket corner punch and matted onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The striped squares are from the Island Oasis DSP. The other side has small palm trees in various colors coordinating to the DSP. The palm branch is adhered directly to the white square. The flowers are up on dimensionals to give the card a little something. The sentiment is from my favorite saying set, "Teeny Tiny Wishes". This stamp set is perfect for year round cards. I could have just as easily put "Happy Birthday" or "Thank you" on this card.
The second card uses the Punched Posies" Stamp Set. The color combination came from the NEW COLOR COACH (will talk about that tomorrow). It features Pacific Point (returning In Color), Melon Mambo (returing In Color) and Pumpkin Pie. All of these colors are part of the New Brights Color Collections. I randomly stamped the images onto a piece of Whisper White in order to make my own designer paper. The sentiment again comes from "Teeny Tiny Wishes". It was punched out with the small oval punch and layered onto cardstock punched with the oval punch and scallop oval punch. The bottom edge was done with the scallop trim edge punch. A quick piece of Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon tied around the middle and done.
These layouts has many possibilities. A simple image stamp set, your favorite DSP, a quick sentiment and you are done.




No comments :