Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blushing Bride Style

I have another card and scrapbook combination for you today. This one features the Blushing Bride In Color just released.
Blushing Bride in a nice color. The best way I can describe the difference......it is a matte version of the Pretty In Pink. Pretty In Pink looks a bit brighter. Pink Pirouette in a little more subtle. The Blushing Bride has a sort of small beige tint to it when I look at it. To get the best view of the colors, ask your demonstrator.
The color combination for thie project is Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, and Early Expresso. I cut the large circle with the Circle Scissors Plus. The Circle Scissors Plus is perfect when the punches just are not big enough. You can cut a circle any size up to 6". You can also cut through multiple layers at one time. Simple adhear them together, place them on your glass cutting mat, and Circle Scissors Cut away. I then stamped the large flowers from the "Elements of Style" stamp set onto the circle in Blushing Bride. The bird and sentiment is from the same stamp set. I stamped the bird in Pear Pizzazz, cut it out with my paper snips and then mounted it using dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in Early Expresso directly on the Whisper White circle. I punched a 3/4" strip of Blushing Bride with the NEW Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border. A couple quick layers and a short piece of the Early Expresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and I am done.
The coordinating scrapbook page uses the same circle and ribbon strip from the card. I then added 3 simple boxes for photos on the side. The squares hold a 2x2 photo. There is plenty of area if you want to put a title or some journaling. I love the simplicity of the layout. Now to find the 3 perfect photos to use. (hmmm 3 kids, 3 boxes, I think I know what to do)
Interested in doing scrapbook pages based on cards with your friends, book your workshop now.

You can order Stampin' Up! products by contacting me or order online 24/7 at My Stampin' Up! Website.

Products Used:
Stamps: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Early Expresso, Whisper White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Early Exresso
Accessories: Circle Scissor Plus, Glass Cutting Mat, 1/8" Early Expresso Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

No comments :