Monday, July 26, 2010

Christmas in July

Fun was had by all at Saturday's class. Here is one of the simple projects we did. It is a wine bottle tag. You could also make it as a doorknob hanger. The wreath could be used to embelish any number of projects.
BASICS: The Real Red Cardstock is 8-1/2" x 4". Score the tag at 2-1/2" and punch a 1-3/4" Circle. The Whisper White piece is 5-1/2" x 3-1/2" I decorated my tag with the "Sweet Season" stamp set. I received the stamp set for FREE at Stampin' Up! Convention last year. (Contact me to learn about the FREE things you can get from Stampin' Up!) I stamped the image onto the tag with Basic Black ink, then onto a scrap piece with Real Red. I punched just the house out with the Small Oval Tag and mounted it with a dimensional directly over the black house.
The wreath at the top was so fun to make. I got the instructions from Lynn Pratt here. You have to wait a bit for the video to load.
I made this wreath with some retired ribbon from last years winter mini catalog I had hanging around. We made them with 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon at the class. It takes a little bit to get the hang of it, but they are easy when you do. I embelished mine with a red 1/4" Grosgrain bow and a mini tag tied with some linen thread.

To order products contact me or order online 24/7 at My Stampin' Up Website
Products Used:
Stamps: Sweet Season, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
Accessories: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Jewlery Tag Punch, Linen Thread, Dimensional, Mistletoe (Retired Ribbon)

No comments :