Monday, July 26, 2010

New Header

I thought it was time for a new blog header, so you get a bonus post today. If you receive this by an automatic feed, click the title of this post to go to my blog and view the header. I also changed the background and made a few tweeks to the layout.
I wanted to do something bright. What a great chance to use the NEW 2010-2012 In Colors. The mat color behind the entire header and the mat behind my name plate is Concord Crush. The decorative border strip at the bottom is in Pear Pizzazz. It is the border stamp from Vintage Vogue two times over. The flourish is from the same set and is done in Blushing Bride. The flowers on the flourish are Poppy Parade and the "Friends F" is Peach Parfait.
The entire header was made using My Digital Studio. SU! had been wonderful and gave all My Digital Studio users a free upgrade with the New In Colors. Thank you SU! I also added some courduroy brads in Basic Grey. Though these brads are no longer sold by SU! they will never retire from My Digital Studio. I sized them down to fit onto the flowers. There is some black stitching around the edge of the entire thing. By the creative use of some punches I was able to block out anything on the edges of the header I didn't want to show, such as the extra portions of the stitching or the flourish stamp.
Contact me for more on how to use My Digital Studio. I am available for a private training session or for groups. I will bring my computer along, hook it up to your TV and everyone can see all the great things that My Digital Studio can do. To order your own copy, contact me or order it online 24/7 at My Stampin' Up! Website. My Digital Studio is available for PC or MAC.

No comments :