Friday, July 23, 2010

Cards as Inspiration

I have another card and scrapbook pair for you. They feature some of the NEW FABULOUS COLORS. I am not normally an orange fan, but this Tangerine Tango just Tickles my Toes. I paired it with Daffodil Delight and one of the New In Colors, Concord Crush. Again I got the color combination from the Color Coach I talked about yesterday.
For the card I embossed the front base with the new Finial Press Embossing Folder. I simply put the front only into the embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot. The "Vintage Vogue" stamp set has been one of my favorites since it came out in the Occassions Mini Catalog. I was very glad that it carried over and is in the new Idea Book & Catalog. This stamp set has so many uses. One of my favorite types of cards to make is one with a use for everything. I used one of the sentiments from the stamp set, but you could just as easily put any sentiment on this card. I cut the flower out with my paper snips and mounted it on a dimensional. I then tied a piece of the New 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Daffodil Delight) onto a ribbon slide from the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware Kit. It is again mounted onto the flower with a dimensional.
Again I carried over the layout of the card to the scrapbook page. The long strips and diagonal square are featured. I stamped the branches a few times across the bottom strip. Since the embossing folder is only big enough for a standard card front, I didn't enboss the entire page. I also like my photos to be the star and generally keep my scrapbook pages simple. I added a large photo mat for a 6x4 photo. This layout could easily be turned on it's side or made into a larger 12x12 layout if you so wish.
Thanks for looking and come back soon for more projects featuring the new colors.

You can order Stampin' Up! products by contacting me or ordering online 24/7 at My Stampin' Up! Website.

Products Used:
Stamp sets: Vintage Vogue
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Finial Press Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Paper Snips

No comments :