Sunday, October 14, 2007

Non-traditional stamps for Christmas

Thank you for being patient with my computer problems. I have had to load the opperating system twice. Each time I loose everything I already had done. A new hard drive is on its way and then I get to start over again.
The good news--it has prompted me to make some changes I have wanted to make in awhile. I have been putting off changing email accounts and reorganizing many of my files. Now I can start fresh. The browser updates I have downloaded do not recognize my old email and passwords so it was the perfect time to switch to a new user. I love the new one, it has so many more capabilities. Since I don't have any files reorganizing the new ones will be easy.
Anyways, enough of the personal and on to some stamping. I had loaded these onto SCS last week and was going to post them here .....until......well, you know.
This projects are all about getting the best bang for your buck. People are always looking for more ways to use something. They hate to buy a stamp set just for that one time use. I own more Christmas stamps than I can use, but not everyone can. Maybe you want to make a couple of Christmas cards, but what do you do with those images the rest of the year. Why not use a non-traditional stamp to make your Christmas card. The "Pick A Petal" stamp set has many uses. My latest use for it is below. Use the petals to make holiday wreaths.
I stamped one of the smaller petals in the set onto Whisper White cardstock several times. I cut them out and layered them around the hole to form a wreath. A quick little bow and we are done. The hole was cut using my coluzzle system. The sentiment is stamped on the inside panel of the card.
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Basic Black
Accessories: Coluzzle, Purely Pomegranate Dbl Stitched Ribbon

The box was made in a similar way. This time I adheared a transparency sheet inside the box. Now the recipient can see the contents of their gift.
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Basic Black
Accessories: Coluzzle, double hole punch, corner rounder, key tag punch, gold elastic cord, real red grosgrain ribbon, transparency sheet

No comments :