Friday, October 5, 2007

"Cutie Pie" Criss-Cross

As promissed from yesterday, here are the cards I made for the Dunn twins. I really encourage you to consider making cards for them. If you need a bonus, Andrea (Crafty Engineering) is offering some great blog candy to one lucky person who sends cards to her. To up the ante, Anita is offering a free stamp set to the person who wins Andrea's candy. The stamp set is "Just Like You" from the curent catalog. A portion of the sales of this stamp set goes to benifit the Ronald McDonald House Charity. Please consider adding this stamp set to your wish list on your next order. Stampin' Up! contributes over $100,000 to the RMDH each year.
Here are the cards I made. I have been wanting to make some of these criss-cross cards. The tutotial for a tall criss-cross card can be found here at Creative Bug.
I started with the "Cutie Pie" DSP. Taking colors from there, I used textured Purely Pomegranate for the card base. Some details that are hard to see in the picture are: the letters are stamped in Purely Pomegranate and then the spaces colored in with So Saffron. There are also Bashful Blue doodles are the edge of the circle with the letters. The letters are from a retired alphabet stamp set. I wanted to use the girls initials on their personal card.
The band around the cards is also from the Cutie Pie collection. One of the sheets has a series of different print stripes. I cut off a couple of them for the bands. I stamped the small swirls from "Priceless" on the insert in So Saffron. I have found that sticky strip is the best thing to hold on the folded tab punch. The brads that I used here are another solution to holding it on well.
Please consider making a card for these girls. This is a wonderful family and you will be helping future families that the Dunn's will be happy to support with their guidance and medical research.
Stamps: Priceless
Paper: Cutie Pie DSP, Purely Pomegranate Textured, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Ink: So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate, Bashful Blue, So Saffron
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, Round Tab Punch, gold brads, glue dot, spiral punch, sticky strip

1 comment :

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for helping me spread the word about this! I got your cards and they are great! Thanks for supporting my RAK request.