Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy World Card Making Day

I hope everyone finds the time to stamp a card today. I have set aside 8 hours to stamp with friends today. We are making 30 cards from 1/2 a Simply Scrappin' Kit and an open crop all afternoon.
I really like the look of the criss-cross cards, so I made another one. The tutorial for this one can be found on SCS in their resources section. Here is a direct link. This time I wanted a Christmas theme. I am contemplating using these cards to send out Christmas pictures in this year.

The stamp set, "Baroque Motifs" is by no means a Traditional Christmas set, but can be when you use the right colors and paper. I stamped the emblem on Naturals Ivory cardstock in Purely Pomegranate and then colored in areas with an Always Artichoke marker. I cut it out and layered in on a piece of Always Artichoke punched with the Scallop Circle. The card band and insert back are River Rock. The motif swirls are also stamped in River Rock on the Naturals Ivory cardstock. The sentiment is from "Holidays & Wishes". Everything goes well with the Holiday Harmony DSP in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I like the elegant classic look to these colors together.
Enjoy your card making day.
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Holidays & Wishes
Paper: Holiday Harmony DSP, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Scallop Cirle Punch, Round Tab Punch, Purely Pomegranate Dbl Stitched Ribbon, glue dot

No comments :