Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sparkle Farkle Chipboard and GIANT Paper Bows

We have a lady in our church crafters group that we nicknamed "Sparkle Farkle". Everytime she makes something she insists on putting glitter on it. When I made this card for my chipboard class, it just called for some "sparkle farkle". (I will try and get a better picture-my scanner took a lot of the sparkle away)
The snowflake came from the On Board Trimmings collection in the current mini catalog. You get TONS of snowflakes in various sizes with this collection. This is one of the smaller snowflakes.
To get the sparkle on your snowflake follow these easy steps.
1.) Coat the entire piece in white craft ink. It helps to give a base to work with and something for the embossing powder to stick to.
2.) In a small container (I used an old medicine bottle) mix white embossing powder with Dazzaling Diamonds until you get a sparkle consistency you like. I used more sparkle than white EP.
3.) Cover the item with the mixture, tap off the excess, and heat at usual.
4.) If you didn't get enough sparkle-adjust your mixture, coat your piece with veramark and emboss it again with the new mixture.


My other item today is actually from someone elses blog, The Stamp Doc. I have got to try one of these. I love HUGE bows on presents, but I can never find the color I want in the bag. Now you can make bows to coordinate with anything including our wrapping paper. How about a small gift wrapped in Designer Paper with a coordinating bow? Oooooh, my mind is a turning for a gift I need to send to a fellow stamper.

Here is the link to Melissa's wonderful blog tutorial to make this bow.


1 comment :

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the tutorial link and the cute card. Love it -- may CASE it!