Saturday, September 15, 2007

"FALL" Scrapbook page

I have been working on a number of sample projects for my stamping club this evening. Though our focus tonight is on chipboard, I wanted to show them some examples using the Fall Frenzy stamp sets on sale. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the "Autumn Fest" stamp set. This project originally started out to be a card, but obviously went in a totally different direction.
I started with the leaves. I wanted a multi color look to them, so I went with Poppin' Pastels. I stamped the leaves in Versamark on Whisper White paper. Using a q-tip I covered the versamark with various Earth Element pastels. The leaf on the right used a more line approach and the others a more swirly motion. I traced the lines in the leaves with a Close to Cocoa marker (thin tip). I cut out the leaves and put them on some dimensionals. The acorns were stamped using markers. The top of the acorn is Chocolate Chip and the bottom in Close to Cocoa.
For the Title at the top I stamped each letter from the "Headline" alphabet using Earth Element Craft Stampin' Spots. I crimped the background for the letters, before adhering them with mini glue dots. Using my crop-a-dile I added some eyelets to each corner and then threaded some hemp twine through the eyelets. A quick altering of the photo mat with the cutter kit to rough up the edges and a ticket corner punch for the journaling block and I was done.
I may try again for a card using those leaves, but I am very pleased to have this simple to make scrapbook page in my book as the leaves are changing outside. If you would like to make this page with your friends, give me a call to book a workshop.

No comments :