Friday, September 7, 2007

It's the little things that count

We have all heard this phrase time and time again. I have two cards here that fall into the category of the little things in life.
The first is a small 3x3. I hosted a swap and it is time to mail them back to the swappers. It was an unordinary swap and I appreciated everyone who took the chance to try it. (Samples to come another time, so you will just have to wait hanging) I made this simple notes to put in their return bags. The little bashful blue gingham bow was made on a bow maker I got from my mom (Review of this item to come Sunday). I also spounged the sentiment area with bashful blue ink. There are versamark images in the background, but the picture is hard to see.
The second card is something I started with a friend of mine. In the army families constantly move around. There are support groups in each unit, but sometimes it is hard to get constantly moving families to want to come to meetings for news or event information. I started making these cards for her to send to the new wives in our unit. This little thing has made such a big difference. The simple 3x6 card lets the new wives know we are here for them.
Since you can't get the wheel ink in every color, I just run it on my ink pad and then across the paper. If you only need the wheel to go around one time, this works great. If you wanted to wheel a longer piece (over 6") you would have to use a wheel cartridge or accept that the second time over will be lighter. Many Stampin' Up! stamps come with an image and sentiment on the same stamp. For this card I separated them. The image placed on the circle and the sentiment on the tab punch. It helps you to get more miles out of one stamp. The ladybug is from a retired SAB stamp set, but I do have one more new unmounted for sale if you would like to have it.
Have a good weekend everyone and Happy Stampin'

No comments :