Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Baby Scrapbook Page-Welcome/Journey

One of the wives in my hubby's unit had a baby today. My DH asked me if I would make her a gift. This is what I came up with. I had the train pieces left over from some 2-5-7-10 boxes I made a few weeks ago, so that is where I started from.
She had a boy, so I wanted to keep the basic color scheme more towards the blue side. The Bashful Blue Background, Letters in "Baby", the "Jj" on the Journey tag, and the Bashful Gingham ribbon help bring out the boy of this page. The Barely Banana areas in the highlights on the train, the scallop punch, along with the border mats for the photo and tag give the page a little light. The scallop tag is from a retired set "Riveting". The letters in the title and the tag are from the "Defining Alphabet". The "journey" sentiment if from "Define Your Life". I hand drew the tracks on Creamy Caramel with a journaling pen.

To help give the page some depth, the train, scallop and photo corners are on dimensionals. To break up the large blue main page, I rolled the Baroque Borders wheel down the side in versamark ink. The double matted photo corners with rinestone brads and ticket corner punch help to finish it off.

No comments :