Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fun with Chipboard

My monthly stamping club met last night. We had fun working with chipboard. I showed them a few cards (to be posted later this week) that used pieces of chipboard. Then we did two projects with the most popular ways to alter chipboard.

The first project was to coat the chipboard with Classic or Craft Ink. I then gave them an assortment of stamps, punches and embelishments. We used E6000 glue to adhere the jumbo paperclips to the chipboard piece. We punched a circle or square to place on the back. Then they had the option of adding a piece of magnet so they could use their paperclip on the fridge.


The second project was a photo mat that I picked up at the dollar store. I got two in a pack for $1. We covered them with designer papers from the "Creepy Crawly" Collection. I then again had various stamps and such (including several of the Fall Frenzy Sale stamps) that they could use to decorate their mats.
I decorated mine with "Headline Alphabet" letters, bats made with the tab punch, pumpkins from "Carved and Candlelit", and a tag made with "Batty For You" and the scallop punch. Pick up some photo mats at your dollar store and have some fun with chipboard.


No comments :