Monday, June 7, 2010

Wood Sheets

This is a cool accessory. The wood sheets are thicker than cardstock. You can cut them with the Big Shot into shapes if you wish. I cut mine into strips to replicate the lap siding on our house. A friend of ours helped us out a couple weeks back to put new siding on the gables of our home.

I used a Stampin' Write Marker to draw on the nails and joints of the siding. I then overlapped the strips of wood sheets just like our siding overlaps. Working on the gables we had to deal with a sharp angle at the end and an electrical box on one side of the house. So I chopped off the angle and added a paper pieced electrical box. The tools from "Totally Tools" were stamped onto retiring Sage Shadow cardstock and then cut out. The card base is the retiring Going Grey. I also used the retiring Really Rust.
Many of the retiring colors are selling out fast. To see an updated list of what is retiring check out this post. You can shop online 24/7 at My Stampin' Up! Website to be sure you don't miss out on anything you need.

No comments :