Friday, June 4, 2010

Blessings Tree

We are having a farewell dinner for our church priest in a couple of weeks. He is stepping down to undergo serious treatments for brain cancer. This is one of my favorite techniques to do. With the simple use of a circle punch and a post it note you can make the shy shine with a nice sun or moon. It is a simple and elegant background for a simple stamp image.
I am using up some of my stash of old colors and retiring colors my new colors arive next week. The card base is Soft Sky (retired In Color from last year). The image panel is matted onto Summer Sun. I stamped part of the sentiment and punched it out with the modern label punch. The other half of the sentiment "THANK YOU for blessing my life in such a wonderful way!" is on the inside. Since the card if from the ladies group at the church. I took a cue tip and wipped the ink off of "my" before stamping. I then used my Stampin' Write Marker and wrote is "our" in the space. The ground is Garden Green spounged onto the panel. The tree is also stamped in Garden Green with Soft Suede for the tree trunk. The panel on the right was put through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder found in the Summer Mini Catalog. A couple of eyelets and linen thread finish it all off.

No comments :