Friday, June 18, 2010

Relay For Life Update

First off, THANK YOU to everyone who helped support me and my Relay For Life team. I was able to raise $123 for my team. Not bad for my first year and only a couple of months time. Overall the Relay raised over $131,000 for the American Cancer Society.
It was a long night. I met lots of people and caught up with some old friends. About half way through the night things started to slow down. There were not as many people walking around the track any longer and most of the fundraising booths were shutting down. So I pulled out my computer and My Digital Studio. I had taken a number of pictures that evening at various stages of the event. What a perfect chance to create a scrapbook page to remember the event. I decided not to journal on this page. Though journaling is wonderful and tells a nice story to everyone who sees the pictures, this time I decided the story was for me to remember. There were no words to convey how this event touched me. I don't think I can forget my first Relay For Life. If you allow it, the impact can have changing effects for anyone.
I did use the words found on banners all around the relay. It was our theme and moto for many of the activities that night. For those who are wondering if I walked.....yes, I did. About 3:00 in the morning I packed up my booth for the night and turned in the money I rasied. About 4:00 I was done and started to walk. I only got in 6 miles before the official walking time ended, but for those of you who know me personally.....that was A LOT. Still, I can't wait for next year.

No comments :