Monday, September 14, 2009

Shimmer Paint

Pictures just can't do this product justice. Found in the Holiday Mini Catalog on page 27 is Shimmer Paint. It comes in three colors: Frost White, Champagne Mist, and Platinum. Each comes in a .5 oz. bottle and is just as it names suggests a "paint". You don't need a brush for this paint though. And better yet, it works with STAMPS!
The best way for me to describe this wonderful product to you is a craft pad that shines. I wouldn't call it glitter. It is more of a hologram shimmer type look. Depending on the cardstock color you stamp it on, it has a different look. I have three examples below of the shimmer paint. Each uses the stamp set "Serene Snowflakes", a 4 piece stamp set found on page 26-27 of the Holiday Mini Catalog. All of the sentiments are from the stamp set "Four the Holidays", found on page 19 of the Holiday Mini Catalog.
In each example I used the shimmer paint by itself. You can also layer it with other ink colors, but I chose to use it in it's pure form. For each one I applied the shimmer paint with a sponge piece. I cut my sponges into 8 piece wedges. Simply shake the shimmer paint bottle a few times, then use the paint inside the lid area.

The first card is Platinum on Basic Grey. The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder. While the embossing was still warm, I coated it with real red pastel. This is refered to as the chalkboard technique. The small snowflake on the ribbon is from the stamp set "Serene Snowflakes", stamped in Platinum on Real Red and punched out with the Boho Blossom Punch.

The second card is Champagne Mist on Kraft. The focal snowflake is Champagne Mist on Whisper White. The sentiment is Bordering Blue Craft Ink (oops meant to use Brocade) and Clear Embossing Powder. The background is white craft ink on Brocade Blue. I added an Ice Circle Rhinestone to the center of the snowflake. The ribbon is Brocade Blue and Whisper White layered on each other.

The last one is Frost White on Sahara Sand. Believe me when I say that the cards glimmer much more in person.


All of these products can be purchased online at My Stampin' Up! Website 24/7.

As an added bonus to try the Shimmer Paints soon, contact me with an order for "Serene Snowflakes" and 3 bottles of Shimmer Paint by Sept. 30th and I will give you the Stampin' Sponges for FREE! (To get this special you need to contact me directly, the online ordering system will not recognize my personal product specials.)
.
.
.

No comments :