Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baby Card with My Digital Studio

Are you not in love with My Digital Studio yet? Can you tell that I am? I have made some regular cards with cardstock, ink and stamps this week. But this program is so much fun to show you. Here is another card I put together with the program. It shows off some of the designer papers and embellishments. The sentiments look funny on the computer image, but will print clearly in real life. I like this card a lot and may order a few prints for all those post deployment babies I expect the ladies in our unit to have.

My Digital Studio come with Designer Series Paper in all 12 prints and 34 colors. You can also select from all the Designer Papers in 6 different Simply Scrappin' Kit. I selected one of the prints from the ""Rock-a-Bye" Simply Scrappin' Kit for this card base. The great thing is the inside of the card is still white. If you use the professional printing service for Stampin' Up! the color with be an exact match to SU! colors and the card base will be stronger than if I had mounted the Designer Series Paper onto a Whisper White card base.
The papers for the rest of the focal area and punched out sentiment are also from the "Rock-a-Bye" Simply Scrappin' Kit. The stamps I used are from the "Nursery Necessities" Stamp Set. I added a piece of Certainly Celery Ribbon and a Ribbon Knot to the card, as well as a couple of Chocolate Chip Brads to the sentiment area. The shape was made with the Modern Label Punch. You can fill in the punch area with any of the colors available in the program.
The inside was done by stamping the sentiment in Chocolate Chip (again, easy to change to any color) and layering it onto another stamped image, this time in So Saffron.
Check back later for how to make the color match anything in your project.

No comments :