Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Red, White & Blue Week-Day 3

I made a beautiful Red, White & Blue butterfly the other day, but was not sure how I wanted to use it.  Then I got a text from a friend of mine.  Her family was driving across country from one duty station to their next and they were passing through my area.  We only got two hours to visit before they had to continue their drive, but those two hours meant a lot to me.  I sat down this morning and made this card for her.  


I have yet to figure out how to take a good photo of a white card with embossing in the background.  If you look closely, you can see the Fluttering Embossing Folder(#139304).  The butterfly was made with the Bold Butterfly Framelits (#138135) and the Butterflies Thinlets (#137360).  I cut a solid Pacific Point butterfly, then cut one Whisper White and one Real Read lacy butterfly.  I adhered the white one to the blue, then put the little red pieces in the spaces.  I used glue stick on half the blue area at a time.  If I made another one, I would attach the white one with glue stick and then put little dabs of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the little spaces for the red bits.  By the time I got to the end of attaching the red bits the glue stick had dried and the bits kept falling off.

PRODUCTS USED:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


My Demonstrator Website

No comments :