Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Feel Goods Stamp Set--Day 2

Today I continue my showcase of the Feel Goods Stamp Set with the help of the talented ladies at Pals Paper Arts.  Again I used one of their weekly sketches.  This one from November 2014.  What prompted me to go back so far on their site and use this sketch?  They have a link on their sidebar to all of their challenges.  I then copied and pasted them into a word document.  When I had a few pages full of sketches I stopped and printed them out.  They sit on my work table as a reference for those moments I don't have the brain power to think of a layout.  Here is the sketch I used. 
Again, I looked for a sketch that had a large area for the sentiments in this stamp set.  I then picked my pattern paper to go in the background.  I wanted something that had a softer shade color to use for my sentiment area.  I picked the English Garden Designer Series Paper (#138440) and Mint Macaron for my stamping area.  I chose two other colors from the DSP for the horizontal strip.  I went with Hello Honey and Whisper White, then punched the 3/4" strips with my Triple Banner Punch (#138292).  
Now I needed something to dress up the card a little.  I pulled out all the ribbons that matched the colors in the DSP.  I laid each one down on my card until I found one that I liked.  The Blushing Bride Sequin Trim (#138400) worked nicely with the Blushing Bride card base.  I put a mini glue dot on my last sequin and fold it over to the second sequin.  Doing this at both ends helps to keep it from unraveling.  I attached it to the card with several mini glues dots spaced about 1-1/2" apart.  

I picture this card with a small bouquet of flowers to celebrate the latest accomplishment in your friends life.

PRODUCTS USED:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


My Demonstrator Website

No comments :