Sunday, April 6, 2008

Special Shower Card

Yesterday was the baby shower. I was getting ready to go to bed the night before and didn't feel happy with any of the cards I had made to be the card I gave with my actual gift to her. I mulled over it for awhile and decided I would get up early in the morning and make her a new card. I wanted it to be really special and have a special design to the card opening.
Saturday morning I had an idea in my head of what type of card I wanted to do, but didn't know what I wanted the front to look like. I pulled out the Soft Sky Designer Series Paper and the Double Stitched Ribbon to match. I wanted the paper on the inside and the ribbon on the front. I wanted to have a large contrast in shades, so I pulled out some Night of Navy cardstock. What else to put with it was now the question. I tried some Blue Bayou, but it just wasn't working the way I envisioned. I had a thin Soft Sky mat around a large Whisper White panel all backed by the Blue Bayou and Night of Navy. It just didn't look right. I played with the yellow for the moon. I had some ducks. It just wasn't working.
So ditch the Bayou and make the soft sky bigger, changing back to the prints paper to match the inside. Make the Whisper White mat much smaller. Loose the ducks. Picked Barely Banana for the Moon. Give it a Night of Navy mat. Pulled out the Hodgepodge Hardware and some Pastel Brads. The front is now done.
On to the inside. The basic came together easily. I had picked the prints paper at the start. I wanted the Night of Navy mats and accent around the oval. I pulled out a retired sentiment to stamp in Navy. A little bit of River Rock Double Stitched Ribbon with some White Taffata ties. The stars are Barely Banana with the small star punch and put on dimensionals.
I am pleased with the card now. She loved it and everyone was asking me how to make the special fold for the tunnel card. I followed the directions in the SCS resource section.

1 comment :

dasimonds said...

Your card turned out wonderful.
It is Very Special!
I love the style (will have to check out the directions)
Your color combo is perfect.
*Very Pretty!