Friday, April 4, 2008

Evolution of a card

Sometimes fate takes a hand while stamping. You start down one path and then it takes a curve and you end up with something else. Though I am sure that the original thought in my head would have been nice, what I ended with works very well for me also.
The original thought was to have a window punched in the corner to reveal one of the elephants inside. You would open the card and the family of elephants would be lined up. I stamped the elephants in Almost Amethyst using my stamp-a-ma-jig and decided there wasn't much room for me to write my message inside. This card was to go with my gift for the baby shower. So I turned the card out and made the elephant row the front. I sponged some grass under their feet. The stars and moon are stamped in Barely Banana and the sentiment from "Wonderful Words" is stamped in Certainly Celery to match the grass.
Then I started to look at the card. I do like it. I then glanced at the "Wonderful Words" stamp set and noticed the "Thank You" stamp. I thought this card would be cute for the mom-to-be's thank you cards to her guests. I didn't however want to stamp the elephant a ton of times as she needs over 20 cards. So I thought I could cut down on the number of stars and just use one elephant. Here is the result. These will be nice and much easier to do in bulk in one sitting this afternoon.
I don't normally do one layer cards, but I am happy with these. I used Naturals White for the card base, so it was more sturdy. All the images are from "Nursery Necessities" except the sentiment.

No comments :