Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life's A Breeze

Here are two simple cards that look complicated. They both have the same concept and used the same stamp set.
The card base is Sky Blue. I then wheeled the "Something Fishy" jumbo wheel onto the Ballet Blue cardstock using Ballet Blue ink. I placed the wheel so it was somewhat off the bottom of the strip. I didn't want that wide of a strip to be on my card. I then tore the top edge to mimic the top of the water.
Little by little I tore a piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock to form the beach. I tore a little bit and then a little more so it lined up where I wanted it to. It is always easier to tear more than to start over, so don't tear too much the first time.
Using my markers, I colored in the various objects from the "Life's A Breeze" stamp set. I stamped them out on Whisper White cardstock before cutting them out. I drew a few lines on the beach with my Creamy Caramel marker to simulate sand edges. On the second card I also edged the beach with Close to Cocoa.
The sun is simple. Take a small square of Summer Sun and stamp the words in the corner. Then punch it out with the scallop circle punch to form the sun edges.
It sounds complicated and lots of steps, but these cards came together very quickly. You can do as much or as little as you like. It can also be easily expanded into an entire scrapbook page.

No comments :