Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Same card--Three openings

For club the other night we used chipboard for one of the projects. I was done making the sample and laid it down on the table. When I looked at it, the card was now facing a new direction. I thought, well that could work also. I couldn't decide which way I liked better. I figured why not let the club members choose which way they want to make the card face. One of the members mentioned to me that she missed the month we did center opening cards. This one was perfect so I made a third sample really quick and all are pleased.
The only real difference in the three openings is which side you stamp the stars and where the score line goes.
For the first two the score line is in the middle at 4-1/4". The stars are stamped at the top by the fold (card #1-bottom opening) or by the opening on the side (card #2-side opening).
For the third card (center opening) score the card base twice, 2-1/8" from each side. Now the two sides should meet in the middle. The blue and red panel covers up the small gap in the center. The card is shown slightly open.
For all the cards I used the corner rounder with the guide taken off to make the scallop edge. The wide strip of red is 5/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon. The star chipboard piece was coated in Whisper White Craft ink. There is a small star rub-on in the center of the red star punched out with the large star punch and then adheared to the chipboard piece. The stamped stars are from the set "Classic Backgrounds".
Try taking one of your cards today and turning it or making a center fold.

No comments :