Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tri-panel cards

I posted these cards on SCS a week ago and had a number of questions about how I made them. To help you in making your own I have put together this tutorial. I hope it helps you.

Basic Supplies needed: Neutral cardstock (Whisper White used here), large stamp (Baroque Motifs used here), classic ink (Basic Brown used here), paper trimmer (SU!)
The neutral cardstock needs to be 3, 7/8" wide. The height is determined by the size of the image. Stamp the image on the neutral cardstock.
If you feel comfortable with trimming the cardstock at the correct points, each panel is 1, 1/8" wide with 1/4" missing between each. Trim one panel and then the space alternating till you get to the other side. I don't like to trim 1/4" without turning the paper around as it is hard for me to line up.
To keep from trimming from the wrong side, I used the following measurements (Shown with pictures) to cut my panels.

Place the 3, 7/8" cardstock in the paper trimmer and line up to the 2, 3/4" line and cut.

Move the cardstock over, line up at 2, 1/2" and cut again.

Move over and cut at the 1, 3/8" line.

Move over and cut at the 1, 1/8" line.

You should now have 5 sections that look like this.

Discard the two thin panels and finish off your card. The mats for the tri-panels are 1, 1/4" wide. This will give you 1/4" spaces between the panels and on each side of a standard 4.25" card.
Here are my finished cards. They both use the same measurements across. The second card uses "Lovely as a Tree". I embossed the trees before cutting the panels. The sentiment if from "All Holidays"

No comments :