Friday, August 3, 2007

Small note cards

Not every card has to be 5.5"x4.25". Sometimes just a small note is all you need. I made this for a friend of mine who moved away a couple of years ago. She has been through some tough times and I wish I could reach through the computer and give her a big hug.
It is a 3x3 card. I used watercolor pencils to color the images. I outlined one side of the image with the pencils and then used my blender pens in a circular motion to soften the pencil and spread the color. The sentiment is hand written with a black journaler.
The images are from the "Unfroggetable" stamp set. The background splatter is made with one of the stamps from "Itty Bitty Backgrounds". I stamped it in basic black on the Green Galore cardstock. The snail image is then matted on Handsome Hunter. The sentiment was punched out with the small tag punch and layered onto Ruby Red cut out with the tag punch. A 1/16" hole and a small piece of hemp twine to finish it off.
Sometimes it's just the small thoughts that count the most. Try some small cards of your own this weekend. Attach them to simple gifts, stick them in flowers, or just sent them by themselves to let someone know you were thinking of them today.

No comments :