Wednesday, August 8, 2007

1st Birthday

My son turns 1 on Saturday. I love layout challenges, so when I saw this one during the Dare to get Dirty SCS 3rd year Anniversary Week Challenges I knew I just had to make a Birthday Card for my son.
It is quite simple and can be used for many other things. I matted all of my panels, interchanging the colors to tie it all together. Any of the panels would be a great place to use Designer Paper. I chose to use a background stamp for my main card layer. I stamped "Sanded" in Blue Bayou on the Blue Bayou paper to give a color on color subtle look. To add something to the feel of the card I used Textured Cardstock on the Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky panels.
The Blue Bayou "1st" is from the "Headline Numbers" & "Rough Edges Alphabet". They could easily be replaced by any number for a birthday or anniversary. You could also replace them with an image to go with your sentiment.
The ribbon is River Rock double stitched ribbon to go with the River Rock mat behind the Wasabi panel. The button is mounted on a piece of Blue Bayou and has a short piece of hemp twine tied through the holes.
The "Birthday" sentiment is from "Sincere Salutations". The stamp actually says "Birthday Wishes". By using my black marker I was able to color only the part I wanted to stamp.
Consider this color combination for your next Masculine Card. (Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Soft Sky) For More examples using this layout, join the Fan Club at SplitCoastStampers.com. If you are not already a member, you will not regret it.

No comments :