Thursday, December 13, 2007

Wintergreen Snowman

The Wintergreen DSP has really become a favorite of mine. The snowflake print it the series is wonderful. I love the color combination of the Sky Blue and Sage Shadow. This card was simple to make and I think turned out quite stunning.
The base is Whisper White. I stamped the image in Basic Black ink on WW cardstock. I then colored in the scarf and arms with Sage Shadow and Creamy Caramel Markers. Since I don't have a gray marker yet, the hat was colored with my black marker and an aqua painter. The backgound on the image panel was colored with Soft Sky and my aqua painter. The panel is then matted on Sage Shadow and Whisper White. I tied the White Taffata Ribbon in a knot and then attached it to the Wintergreen paper before attaching everything to the card itself. The sentiment from the "Jolliest Time of the Year" is stamped on the inside of the card.
Sometimes less really is more and this basic card layout can be used for ANY card giving reason. Simply change the Designer Paper and the Image to reflect your message.

No comments :