Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Cards

One more for your idea book. I like whimsey cute funny cards also, but these religious cards have been nice to do this week for the church. Here is the last one that I made for them.
The "Baby Jesus is Born" stamp set caught my eye when I saw it back in July. I got in right away with my first catalog order. I havn't used it too much, but will still not give it up for some time. This was the perfect time to use it. I had also gotten some River Rock Prints Paper in last months promotion. Along with some matching double stitched ribbon, it fits perfectly with this stamp set. I wanted to keep the colors low key. I colored the embossed image with my markers; Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa. I watercolored the sky with my aqua painter and Soft Sky ink pad. For the grass I again used my aqua painter with Wild Wasabi ink. The aqua painter wasn't very wet and the tip was somewhat separated. By using strokes in a downward direction I was able to get it to look more like blades of grass.

No comments :