Monday, December 17, 2007

Gift Tags

I had a good birthday. My new book was fantastic to look at. Some of you asked what my must haves are. There are a few. I wish I could post pictures for you, but that is against SU! rules. You can be certain that as soon as funds allow you will see new items made with my favorites.

1.) I am always on the lookout for a good patriotic set, so "The Free and the Brave " tops my list. There is a very realistic soldier standing in front of a waving flag. There is an eagle surounded by the words Honor, Duty, Service, etc. Three stars with a rocky texture, and a saying "What LOVE is to the HEART, LIBERTY is to the SOUL."
2.) To compliment it there is a 4th of July set called "Independence Day", but I like the Jumbo wheel of "Classic Starts" that coordinates with the Father's Day sentiment stamp set "Dad's Day"
3.) For my little boy, I love "Prehistoric Pals". A set of 4 dinasaurs, and a couple prehistoric tress.
4.) I have always liked the set "Embrace Life" that is shown in the preview catalog.
5.) Many new saying stamps are in the catalog. My favorite is "Smarty Pants". Very comical verses.
6.) As for accessories, WOW!! I am in heaven. Lots of new pattern paper for everyone. Boys, men, girls, ME!! Felt Flowers in 3 colors--too cute. I am always up for a new punch. And the new beads duos are very pretty, along with the new glitter stacks are great for many projects.
7.) As for hostess sets, I like many of them, but am glad my must haves are in the 1st level. Of course I like ALL of the Level 1's and it wil be hard to choose from the large flower (background size), the "For a Friend" stamp set and the Designer Prints Paper Pack.
I love wrapping gifts. Yesterday I started to finally wrap all the gifts for my kids. First I had to make all the gift tags to mark the presents. I wanted to keep them simple but noticable. I also wanted them to be sturdy so I could save them for future years. A few basic materials and here they are. The images are embossed and popped up on dimensionals. It was also easy to punch the hole at the top of each tag with the Crop-A-Dile, as it will go through many layers of cardstock at once.
Stamps: Big on Christmas
Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Brushed Gold
Ink: Versamark, Markers (Real Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie)
Accessories: Gold/Silver Painty Pen, Dimensionals, Tag Punch, Small Tag Punch, Gold Elastic Cord, Crop-A-Dile

No comments :