Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Using the retiring stamps

I like background stamps. I don't use them as much as I probably could, but I do like them. I just bought "On the Spot" last month. I was sad to see it on the retiring list, but not surprised. It has been around for some time. I have thought about "Fine Lace" and may have to consider getting that one before it retires at the end of the month.
When I found out that "On the Spot" was retiring, I got it out and stamped it a bunch of times. Two of the cards I showed you the other day. Here are two more. I stamped the background color-on-color again. I then cut the Pixie Pink cardstock to use on the other two cards. I lined the designs up so it would look like it was one continuous image.
For the first card (Gable Green), I added the ribbon strip to the center. The red and black brads were added to match and frame the area. The "Birthday Wishes" stamp is from a retiring hostess level 1 set, "Party Punch". I punches it out with the Designer Label Punch. The second card (Green Galore) uses one of the most versitile stamp sets "Greetings Galore". It is not retiring yet, but I expect it to in June. It has been around for many many years. I colored the cake with the same colors I used on the cards and added Tempting Turquois for a little extra color. I also attached the smallest circle brad from the Ice Rhinstones collection to the center of the flower. The little tabs of ribbon have much better color in real life. I used Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, and White Grosgrain ribbon.

1 comment :

Diane said...

It's a beautiful card!!TFS!