Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's All About The CANDY!!

I love making all sorts of projects throughout the year, but for the craft fairs at Christmas time it 's All About The CANDY! These are 3 of my favorites from this year, then tomorrow I promiss to show you something for the current season.
The first has been very popular with many stampers this year. Pretzel stick bags are perfect for holding a row of M&M's or Skittle Candy. I got some twist ties to put at the top of mine and attached a simple tag made with the "Tags for Christmas" Stamp Set from the Holiday Mini. I really hope they bring this one back in the main Idea Book & Catalog next year. It has so many uses and cute sayings. Each stamp in the set fits perfectly into one of the Stampin' Up! punches.
The second project is a long time favorite, the peppermint patty. Though the circle wrapped patties are harder to find each year, they are perfect for this quick project. The images are all from the Jingle Bits stamp set. It was featured in the Holiday Mini and SU! has already told us it will be arround next year. Jingle Bits has a companion stamp set, a bingo board. I didn't get the bingo board this year, but have found many uses for these little images. I put one scallop circle on each side of the peppermint patty. I found some cute bags online to perfectly fit three of them with a quick twist tie and simple tag.

The last project today is for a real chocolate lover. I found the tutorial for this project on SplitCoastStampers. It is called the Matchbox Holder. One piece of Ghirardelli Chocolate fits wonderfully inside. These did take a little more time than the first two projects today, but were a favorite of people needing the perfect co-worker secret santa daily gift.
Many of the other projects I made this year were similar to last year. You can click on Craft Fair in the side menu to view them all.
If you are interested in learning how to make any of these projects, contact me. We can plan a workshop for you and your friends. We will make treats themed for the upcoming season.

No comments :