Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Behind on Christmas Postings

I have some new things to show you later this week. Before the season is completely forgotten, I wanted to show a few of the items I made for my Christmas Craft Fair last month. Thank you to all those who came by my booth. I had a great time meeting all of you. Classes and workshops are available. For those interested contact me or view my calendar at http://www.fastamper.stampinup.net/


The first project is a Magnetic Tear-Off Calendar. I got these calendars online from a printer. They tear off to reveal the next month for the entire year. I glued some Designer Papers from my retired stash to the front of several 4 inch coasters. I then sanded the edges and added some Satin Ribbon to the top before putting on the calendar. There is a strip of magnet on the back so it can be displayed on your refridgerator or other quick view place.

Products Used:
Stamps: None
Cardstock: Various Retired Designer Series Papers
Ink: None
Accessories: Anywhere Glue Stick, Satin Ribbon (Various Colors), Snail Adhesive, Sanding Block, Magnet Sheets
As many of you know, I am in love with my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. The Candy Wrapper Die quickly became one of my favorites. It is so fast to make candy boxes. It cuts the shape and scores the fold lines all at one time. A couple pieces of sticky strip and you are done. I tied some 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon to the ends of mine and added a little tag from the Delightful Decorations Stamp Set. The box holds about 6-8 hershey kisses or other small candies. I put a few pieces of Candy Cane Designer Series Paper on the sides of the boxes. After the craft fair was over I changed out the tag for snowflakes and hearts to make quick treats for some friends at church.
The Candy Wrapper Die is still available for purchase. It is on the carryover list of items from the Holiday Mini Catalog. Ask me or your demonstrator for more details.

Products Used:
Stamps: Delightful Decorations (#116517)
Cardstock: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Candy Cane Designer Series Paper, Whisper White
Ink: Same as cardstock colors
Accessories: Ornament Punch, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon(#119251), Sticky Strip, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Candy Wrapper Die (#120890), Silver Cord (retired)

No comments :