Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rub-ons

I had stamping club last night. One of the techniques we used was rub-ons. Rub-ons are very versitile. We used them on baby food glass jars. A couple keys when using rub-ons on glass items. Make sure the item is clean and dry. After you put on the rub-on you will not be able to wash the item, so they need to be for decoration or packaging of small gifts. Nothing liquid. You can experiment with coatings over the rub-on if you want to wach the item. I have not done this yet. I am also leary about putting a coating on something I may eat or drink from.
I used the Eastern Elegancy rub-on on both the jar and the card. The rub-ons come with two sheets, one black and one white. I placed a piece of paper in the jar to make the rub-on stand out better.

No comments :