Monday, February 18, 2008

MIA

I have been missing in action for awhile now. The kids have been moody lately and not allowed for any stamping time. By the time they go to bed, I am exhausted. I did manage to make a couple of cards last week for Valentine's Day. This is the first chance I have had to post them. DH and I had some much needed Iraq prep shopping to do this weekend and it was the Daytona 500 yesterday.
On to the cards.
The first I made for my DH. I had made him a card a few weeks back, but wanted to make another. I bought "Boatloads of Love" with the purpose of making Valentine cards this year, so I was going to use it. I like the little dingy that the tub boat pulls. The set comes with a heart to put in the boat, but a wanted something special for DH.
I made the envelope using the small tag template sheet. The tag itself is the tag punch. It is pulled out so you can see it, but does fit nicely inside the envelope. The saying is from the "Lots of Thoughts" Sale-A-Bration stamp set. The colors are all from the bold brights family. Change out the tag saying and this card would be good for a birthday also.
The second card I made for a friend of mine. She moved back home when her husband deployed. Then through circumstance they got a divorce and she didn't return here. I miss her dearly. She sent DH and I a lovely card the other week, so I wanted to make a special one for her.
I stamped on the ribbon with stazon black ink. There are two flowers layered on one another. They were stamped onto vellum with versamark ink and embossed in gold EP. I then colored them in with my real red marker. The flower cluster is also stamped on vellum and colored in with marker. A few dimentionals and some brads and this one is done.
Here is a close up of the layered flowers.
-----------------side notes----------------
I switched newsletter formats for my monthly mewsletter sent to customers. Many of you didn't open it. After talking with a few of you, it sounds like most of them went to junk/spam folders. I am looking into new options so you can continue to receive class updates.
Until then, be sure to check out the class calendar on my SU! web site. I have added several in the next few months. http://www.fastamper.stampinup.net/
There is still 3 weeks left in Sale-A-Bration. The Occassions Mini starts March 1st. I also have several surprises on the horrizon, so be sure to keep a look out.

1 comment :

dasimonds said...

Wonderful Cards..
I love the Tug boat..
makes a great card.
Your flower is beautiful..
I love stamping on the ribbon.
Thanks for sharing.